Saturday, June 20, 2009

SoCal Locals: Henry's Farmers Market


In a ever expanding world of big box stores, its a rarity to find a retailer with small store sincerity, enthusiasm and knowledge. During my first visit to Henry's Farmers Market, it was apparent that they embodied just that mix of unique attributes. Monrovia's newest market opened on June 17, and by all accounts was a success. When I stopped by to check it out, the parking lot and store were packed with eager customers snapping up the multitude of bargains. Over and over I kept shaking my head at the variety and quality of products available. I particularly enjoyed their impressive produce department, which boasts a bevy of tropical fruits that I have never seen before. Surely inspiration will be found within these aisles!




Henry's expansive website repeatedly notes their commitment to supporting local communities, local farmers and suppliers. A Southern California staple for over 60 years, Henry's has 28 stores in San Diego, Los Angeles, San Bernadino, Riverside and Orange Counties. They've received numerous accolades, including being voted "Best Place to buy Produce" by the Orange County Register. In addition to gorgeous produce, Henry's has a wide selection of grass fed beef, organic free range poultry, fresh bakery goods, fantastic bulk goods, a vast wine selection and much more. Their employees were nothing but friendly and helpful, and meticulous in the appearance of their new store. Welcome to the neighborhood Henry's, I think we'll be seeing alot of eachother.

StumbleUpon.com

1 comment:

CaptnRachel aka Tha Pizza Cutta said...

I can't tell you how many times I've done something so similar. Its fun to create from limitations. Cheers!