Thursday, May 21, 2009

Operation Cookie is a Go

While enjoying a leisurely breakfast at the Corner Bakery Cafe this morning, I read an article that made me smile. I can't believe I've never stopped in here before, but my tasty breakfast is besides the point...



The Women's Club of South Pasadena, along with local students, baked and packaged cookies to deliver to War veterans this Memorial Day. Together they packaged thousands of chocolate chip, oatmeal and chocolate meringue cookies to be distributed at the VA Hospital in Long Beach. This is the fourth year the Women's Club has participated in Operation Cookie.

Here's to good people doing good things. Please take a minute to check out these great gals here and don't forget to pay it forward.

Image courtesy of SGVN/Leo Jarzomb.

StumbleUpon.com

No comments: