Thursday, April 30, 2009

Periodic review may be advised


At one time or another, we have all fallen victim to a supermarket trap or two. Many exist to defer the most determined shopper from supermarket success. There's the bag of salad that will soon expire, but the sale is too good to pass up. Been there. The impulse purchase at the checkout - I HAVE to know who that celebrity is on the cover of the tabloid mag who is looking god awful when caught without their makeup on! Guilty as charged. The buy one get one free sale on Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Those two men alone have the power to crumble the strongest of wills. The one trap that any ardent food fiend has succumbed to is found in the condiment aisle. Actually, it's the aisle itself. Marinades, sauces, spice mixes, flavored oils, sweeteners, dressings... the possibilities are endless. What exactly is the allure of a previously undiscovered mysterious jar of goop that inspires a cooking adventure? Browsing the door of my refrigerator, you'd think I would have a good answer to that. At last count it is home to 38 such starters to culinary exploits. It's a little embarrassing really. Who really needs three types of mustard, four curry based simmering sauces and seven bottles of dressing?

I happened upon a link today when browsing
Stumble Upon. I'm hoping it will assist my quest to, ahem, refine my current condiment choices. I thought it was clever and entertaining, and presented in a format familiar to all. Check it out here at Periodic Table. Do read the disclaimers at the end of the page. I hope you all enjoy and it inspires a little late spring fridge cleaning. How many items did you find that were well beyond their expected lifespan? Continuing in the pursuit to help you sustain all things tasty and mold free... over and out.

StumbleUpon.com

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hahahaha!! I love Cheese Wiz - N/A

So true

lisat said...

That's hilarious! I love the N/A condiments that will still remain even in the event of a nuclear holocaust.

Laura said...

In event of a nuclear incident, the world will have to survive on twinkies and cheeze wiz! :)